The project aimed to develop the advocacy skills of local non-governmental organizations for the implementation of anti-corruption measures in force. Also, the project has promoted an advocacy campaign for the implementation of internal policies of integrity in the local public administration.
DIRECTIONS OF ACTION
- Analysing the integrity issues and solutions for increasing integrity in local public administration;
- Developing the advocacy role for anti-corruption measures of local NGOs, members of the “Together Against Corruption” coalition;
- Promoting the integrity of local public administration in 7 counties by the means of an advocacy campaign.
- 16 members of the “Together against corruption” coalition and 12 local journalists who have benefited from training on advocacy skills;
- 7 NGOs in the country, which have implemented the advocacy campaign at local level;
- 21 public institutions (county municipalities, county councils etc.) in the country, which have improved the internal mechanisms to prevent corruption as a result of the advocacy campaign.
December 2007 – September 2008
European Union through the PHARE 2005, Democracy, human rights, the rule of law component