Strengthening the capacity of the civil society organizations in defending the rights of the mentally disabled persons who live in institutions or who are in danger of becoming institutionalized.
The main target group of the project is formed of Romanian NGO representatives, especially NGOs with expertise in social services for persons with mental disabilities, the rights of the child, as well as lawyers and legal counselors who want to get involved in counselling and providing legal assistance to persons with mental disabilities in institutions/ in danger of being institutionalized.
- Selecting and training the target group in applying the monitoring and assistance instruments for the benefit of people with disabilities;
- Organizing and providing legal counselling and assistance services, as well as support in the decision making process, through the Mobile Legal Clinic;
- Developing applied instruments through the Mobile Legal Clinic and the monitoring activities that guarantee the respect for the rights of the people with disabilities living in state institutions;
- Developing a manual with standard counseling, legal assistance and monitoring instruments in order to ensure the respect of the rights of the people with disabilities living in state institutions/in the process of being institutionalized;
- Study visits and working meetings with the representatives of organizations/institutions from other countries that unroll projects similar to the Mobile Legal Clinic
- Elaborating a public policy proposal
1st of January 2016 – 31st of January 2018
Project co-financed by a grant from Switzerland through the Swiss Contribution to the enlarged European Union
For more information access:
This website does not necessarily reflect the position of the Swiss government. Responsibility for its content lies entirely with the Centre for Legal Resources.
265.170 CHF (total) of which 237.575, 35 CHF co-financing from Switzerland and 27.594,65 CHF the contribution of the Centre for Legal Resources.